Family time is so important. In a world where there seems to be a million different distractions, it can be difficult to find time to unwind and focus on the ones around you. With that said, we happen to know of a family-friendly event going on in Mount Vernon that locals will know and visitors will love! Keep reading to learn all about the Cedarhurst Arts And Craft Fair!
The Cedarhurst Arts And Craft Fair, which is now in its 43rd year, has brought culture and arts to the area for decades. Families come from all over to soak it all in, and experience the area in its purest form; through the talents of its people! If you’ve never been, here’s what you need to know: be at Cedarhurst Center for the Arts on September 7 and 8 from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.!
And the good news? The new version of the fair, which was unveiled in 2017, remains popular with event-goers and will be back by popular demand this year. To get in, adults pay $5, and children under the age of 10 can get in for free. This is truly the perfect event to bring the whole family to!
What To Expect
- Wood artist Wyatt Severs will demonstrate woodturning on a giant lathe as well as spindle turning
- Ceramic artist Anne K. Beyer will be throwing on the wheel in the tent located in front of the Mitchell Home
- There will be three entertainment tents with regional musicians playing
- Craft beers on tap from Baum’s Brauhaus (Woodlawn, IL), with the option to purchase flights
- Kids’ Funanza area with face painting, puppets, beads, yard games, balloons, canvas painting, and more!
- Snacks and specialty drinks will be available for purchase to keep you fueled all day long!
You might also like: Bring The Family To Play At The Science Center!
Below is a list of several artists from some of the categories. The full list can be found here!
Jenny & Korryn Antoline
Kris & Al Clement
Linda & Barry Lane
Michele & Doug Eigler
Lynne & Duane Frichti
Reinhard Herzog & Sujatha Timmons
See anyone you recognize? Support local artists when you come out to the fair on September 7 and 8!